Ladies and gentlemen. If you deserve to have an Infiniti, then you deserve better than the boring factory steering wheel! Introducing the VQ Vortex flat bottom and carbon fiber steering wheel, made with authentic Japanese twill weave carbon fiber.
Estimated ship out: Due To Extremely High Demand, Shipping Time Is About 3-6 Weeks From Order Date
The way it works is, once you submit your order, we start working on it. Once the wheel is finished and is inspected, it will be shipped out to you via priority mail. You will receive your steering wheel only, without the plastic back or, the buttons. You are supposed to swap our stock back/buttons and onto the new wheel.
YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE AVAILABLE OPTIONS WE HAVE ON THE WEBSITE. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER COLOR COMBO IN MIND LET US KNOW AND WE CAN TELL YOU IF WE CAN MAKE IT.
PLEASE EMAIL US AND CONFIRM YOUR STEERING WHEEL COLOR/LEATHER OPTIONS.
We recommend this procedure to be done by only a certified automotive technician.
• Long flathead screwdriver with a broad tip
• 19mm short socket (or very long with extension) with ratchet (for center nut on steering wheel)
• Needle nose pliers
• Tiny flathead (to lift fragile plastic clip on connector of airbag)
• Patience and time (typical install 30 minutes to 2 hours) Please try to stay out of the direct path of the airbag during install, as it is a sensitive piece and may cause bodily harm if deployed.
• Disconnect battery (leave for a few minutes just to be sure)
• On either side of the steering wheel plastic shroud, there are two small plastic covers, use tiny flathead to pry off and store covers in safe place. There is a small indentation to insert flathead on those covers, do this gently to prevent scratching anything.
• Look inside hole, there is a metal prong, this is a pressurized retaining clip that holds the airbag in place. You will need to insert long flathead into hole to push this clip in. as you do this, keep pushing, and you will hear a pop, the airbag will pop out slightly. Repeat on other side, but you will need to push down on the airbag a bit to remove some tension. As you are pushing on the second clip, push the airbag with your other hand (you can even shake it a bit to help move the tension). At this point, the airbag should be popped out, but do not attempt to pull it off yet, as there are still 3 wires holding it in place.
• Grab tiny flathead and needle nose pliers to have them handy. You will insert tiny flathead at an angle under the black plastic clip on each connector (yellow and orange). Unplug both connectors and remove from plastic clip that holds wires into air bag. Use needle nose pliers to remove grounding wire, also remove from plastic clip. At this point, you can set airbag aside, but be careful not to scratch it.
• Take 19mm socket and unbolt center nut from steering wheel and set aside. Wheel will feel like it is stuck, gently rock it forward and back from the top, bottom and sides until it loosens, but do not attempt to remove yet, as there is a harness attaching wheel to clock spring.
• With tiny flathead, pull wheel forward to expose connector to clock spring and unhook it. Wheel is now free.
• Transfer all components from OEM wheel to your Vq Vortex wheel.
• Keep all foam on steering wheel for extra protection from damage.
• Run wires back through original routing. And plug clock spring plug back into steering wheel. Make sure white plastic piece of clock spring is lined up with steering wheel, and that center line of steering wheel (set at 12:00) matches up with alignment line on steering nut (shaft).
• Once wheel is on and aligned, tighten 19mm nut until fully tight.
• Grab airbag and repeat process of running wires through plastic clip, plugging them in in backwards order of removal, (small grounding wire, orange, yellow).
• Align airbag to original position and push in until it clicks and is in position. You can test this by pressing as if you were pressing the horn.
• Test wheel for movement, clockwise, counter, anything that may seem loose. • Push 2 small plastic hole covers back in by hand
• Reconnect battery, test horn.
Please be aware this requires removing the airbag and professional installation is recommend. We are not responsible or liable for any mishaps from improperly installed wheels / items pertaining to this listing.
Shipping and core charges:
Core charge on this product is $50 that is INCLUDED in the above price, which you will receive, once you have sent us back your stock steering wheel. We cover all the core shipping expenses by including a prepaid label that will be emailed to you when you are ready to send back your stock steering wheel. Once your new wheel comes in, place your factory wheel in the box and stick the prepaid return label on it and all expenses for shipping are covered!
*We are not responsible for any custom fees paid for international orders*
Expected shipping times:
Due to the high demands, and this product being made-to-order, it is about 3-6 week from order time.
Questions: Feel free to contact us at Support@VQVortex.com
We highly recommended that carbon fiber parts be sprayed with an automotive grade clear coat. Vq Vortex will not be responsible for discoloration of carbon fiber due the sun. Parts that are not layered with any automotive UV protection coating, might discolor in the sun, so a clear coat is maybe necissary.